HKFP editors edit, re-write, polish and fact-check up to six daily news stories, manage the homepage and prepare, schedule and promote each piece across social media. Our editor will also be trained to produce and manage multimedia content, prepare news wire pieces and publish external contributions to the website.
• Candidates must have at least two years of experience in an editorial role at a – preferably local – news outlet.
• Familiarity with the Hong Kong political beat and an eye for news are essential.
• English-language fluency is a must, with zero tolerance for errors. The ability to read Chinese would be an advantage.
• Candidates must have the ability to edit hard news stories with accuracy and speed.
• The ideal candidate would have excellent initiative, time-management and must be a team player.
• Experience with WordPress, Trello, Figma, Premiere and Photoshop are preferable. Photography and video skills, knowledge of the law, social networks, SEO and analytics would be a bonus.
• Candidates must have the right to work – and be based – in Hong Kong.
Remuneration and benefits:
• HKFP offers a competitive salary – negotiable depending upon experience. Annual appraisals lay out speedy pathways to promotions, pay rises and more responsibility.
• 14-days of leave per annum in the first year, rising to 21 days in the third contract, in addition to all Hong Kong public and statutory holidays. Three months maternity and paternity leave.
• International healthcare, dental and physio coverage.
• Mental health support options.
• A work laptop, work phone and VPN.
• Staff receive occasional bonuses, as well as Hong Kong Journalists Association membership
• All staff enjoy weekly opportunities to work remotely from home, or abroad.
• HKFP staff enjoy the many benefits of working at The Hive co-working space.
How to apply:
If you meet our requirements, send your CV and covering letter with examples of previous work to [email protected] – in your covering letter, please tell us about yourself, why you would like to work with us and how you fit the requirements. Deadline: November 4, 2021.
All applications are read and considered. Successful applicants will be contacted within a week. HKFP’s recruitment process includes an interview, written tests, reference checks and trial sessions. We encourage applications from candidates from minority backgrounds.