Membership Renewal Guidelines
A. Documents Required
- Your business card or a copy of your staff card. For students, please provide a photocopy of your student card;
- For freelancers, please provide copies of your published articles in the latest 12 months (printed version, photocopy version or link);
- A passport photo (soft or hard-copy);
- Bank slip/transaction proof of the membership fee (with clear transaction date shown);
- To ensure that membership meets the requirements of the Trade Unions Ordinance and the Constitution of the HKJA, applicants may be required to provide proof of income, if necessary.
B. Membership Year and Membership Fee
- Membership last for one year;
- For Full / Associate / PR member renewing membership, the yearly subscription is HK$200;
- Student membership is HK$50.
C. Procedures for Membership Renewal
- Applicants may scroll below to fill out the online membership renewal form, or may click here to download the form in PDF format, and return the completed form and relevant documents to the HKJA via post or email. HKJA address: Flat A, 15/F., Henfa Comm. Building 348-350 Lockhart Road Wanchai, Hong Kong. HKJA email: [email protected].
D. Application for the HKJA Press Card and IFJ Press Card
- Only Full Members can apply for the HKJA Press Card and IFJ Press Card. The Executive Committee will consider and examine each application according to the job duties and journalistic work requirements of the applicant. Applicants may be required to provide additional information and documents to prove their working needs for a press card.
- For HKJA Press Card, the application fee is HK$50 and a JPEG format digital photograph is required. Please contact us for the application form.
- For IFJ Press Card, the application fee is HK$600. Please submit a JPEG format digital photograph and your HKID Card photocopy together with the application form. Please contact us for the form.
E. Terms and Conditions
- Members shall abide by the rules set out in the HKJA constitution;
- Applicants shall provide the documents required (refer to item A of this Guideline) when submitting the membership renewal form. Otherwise, the HKJA may not consider the application;
- The HKJA reserves the right to reject any application for membership renewal, HKJA Press Card, and/ or IFJ Press Card for any or no reason.
Membership Renewal Form
(Please complete in English BLOCK letters)